As I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, I have a short story that I wanted to revise to submit to Woman's Weekly.
My dilemma was that the story was too long for the 1,000 words, nor would it work at the shorter length, but it was too short for the 1,800 requirement.
So my revision became a rewrite to add words- about 400 in fact. It isn't a lot but I have to admit I didn't think I could do it without ruining the story.
I didn't quite finish last week, as a final few paragraphs needed to be looked at, even though I didn't think I could squeeze any more out.
But I did!
Actually I read through the whole story yet again, made more adjustments and my word count went up to as much as 1830, and then when I did my final edit it came back down to 1805.
|Fixing the problem...|
Yesterday I printed the completed manuscript out and the cover sheet, addressed the envelopes and did a last minute read through.
That was when I saw it. No not the dreaded escapee typo, but one short line that didn't read clearly. So I'll sort it out and reprint, and read through again...
But it will be posted Monday. :D
Image courtesy of supakitmod & www.freedigitalphotos.net