Though it may not seem like it, I have been making progress on the writing front, amongst all the deadlines- not all of them writing related.
I have found that a few of the organisational changes that I've made over the summer and autumn have been helpful.
There's still a lot to do. I know there's one or two small boxes of writing related materials sitting waiting (in a currently inaccessible position) and in one of those boxes is likely to be the items I'm looking for- early research material for my Nottinghamshire story.
(Think there may be some heavy furniture lifting going on at my place over the Christmas holidays!)
Even without the missing items, I'm finding the second draft much harder than the first draft. There's detail to add, characters to add in or change, and new scenes to be written.
Story #4 in the queue decided to emerge from the mists as I sat waiting to collect a prescription at the pharmacy. I'm not certain what the time period will be. I thought it might be somewhere in the first half of the 20th century, but now I'm not sure...
Fortunately I had a spare lidded A4 box waiting. So I just need half hour to type out my notes from the quick scrawl in my notebook, and it can go to the bottom of the boxes pile.
As long as I can jot down notes on the new ideas I can keep them from interfering with my current work in progress. I'm just grateful the other ones are still dormant.
I have to concentrate on one at a time and not let the others distract me.
Actually I need 36 hours in a day... :(