Two lovely writers-Teresa Ashby and Patsy Collins- have both awarded me the Stylish Blogger Award, sadly I've been too full of cold, plus coughing and spluttering, to concentrate on it. But I feel a little better now, so I better get on with the big reveal.
1. I hate Garlic. Well that should be, it doesn't like me. If I accidently eat even a little bit I am ill.
2. My first published letter was when I was eleven years old and it was in a music newspaper- can't remember the name, too long ago.
3. I couldn't read properly until I was 7 years old. I will be forever grateful to my teacher Mrs White, who took extra time in helping me with my reading, and demonstrated how to make specific word sounds. The results of her patience opened a world of books to me.
4. I don't like Marmite, Sprouts or Gravy-I don't think I need to say more...
5. I always played a man in school plays. I went to an all girls school and once you reached the senior years (equivalent to Years 10 and 11 now) we took part in the annual drama production (I was in the drama group anyway). The script was written by our English teacher Mrs Brandt and other members of staff did all the backstage and front of house work.
I played Sir Thomas Boleyn (Anne's father) one year. The next I was Mr Brocklehurst in Jane Eyre. I learnt how uncomfortable high collars on men's shirts could be and that fake whiskers itched.
(The long lasting advantage is I can understand how men in formal dress moved- an advantage for historical fiction.)
Now I have to admit, it was only because I was tall and had short hair...
6. I love long sandy beaches. As a child I lived about an hour by train from the seaside, so many summer Sundays were spent on the beach, with my parents in their deckchairs while I ran between my sandcastle and moat to the sea for water.
7. I have a long-standing admiration for Derek Jacobi. He has a wonderful voice. I first saw him at The Old Vic in Christopher Fry's, 'The Lady's Not For Burning' when my college O' level English Literature class were studying it.
Now blogs that I want to award the Stylish Blogger Award to:
Now Teresa and Patsy (mentioned above) would obviously be top of the list- they're great blogs anyway, but we need to spread this around a bit so here are my suggestions...
Parodies Lost - this has a number of writers so I've chosen the latest posting.
All Write- Fiction Advice
Romy's Regency Romance- Rosemary Gemmel's other blog
Up the Down Escalator
There are a vast number of interesting blogs out and I always enjoy exploring the blogs mentioned on other sites. So I hope you'll find some you like from my list and theirs.