I've finished the first rewrite now and just need to go back through it, as I'm a couple of hundred words short of the minimum word count for my target magazine.
I did have to jiggle the dialogue around between characters as I had to lose one- they were surplus to requirements.
Though the narrative and description changed slightly, the dialogue didn't, it just fitted into place. I suppose it was because the characters hadn't changed...character.
Admittedly dialogue has always been a strong point, and I can hear the different characters as they speak - I just have to hope that readers can too, and it's not just me because I'm writing them!
I want to get this story done and out of the way so I can get back to Serena's Nottinghamshire story.
There's been no progress on the chapter two rewrite because the scene needs a few additions, and I have to bring in one of the minor missing (from draft one) characters, and get to know them.
My word count for the month has gone up because I'm now recording any writing I do, be it my blog posts, non-fiction, judging, information pieces for the writers' club magazine as well as fiction.
So I've discovered that I write more than I think- considering I can't touch type.
I'm making progress and that's the important thing...
|Before winter and the |